 |
| Rosie Bay/Chesterman Beach |
 |
Kim coming through the crevice
|
 |
| Anemones that we hadn't seen before |
 |
| The Crevice |
 |
On the inside end of the crevice, first day I didn't dry my hair before going out, what's the use, it's going to get rained on anyway!

|
 |
| Snail shells |
 |
| Loads of mussels and barnacles |
 |
| I love the way these trees grow with the wind blowing on them all the time! |
 |
| Sand Art |
 |
The big inlet where driftwood gets caught in on the left, blow hole on the right, one where darker pictures of us were taken |
 |
| Can't get enough starfish! |
 |
| The island we were on and just after we got off! The water was filling in on this side of it |
Yesterday (Wednesday) morning we went over to Rosie Bay one more time, this will probably be the last time this week that we can see it due to the rising tide. I didn't take any video of it last time, so here was my chance. It was still so amazing, such beauty in the sea life, the rocks and the crevice, all natural untouched beauty, AMAZING!! We took more pictures of starfish, shells, and nature, even though we have tons already, you just can't get enough of them. You get really obsessive about picture taking, it's hard to stop and want to capture it all. I want to bring all this beauty home to my family, so they can see all the beauty we've seen. I would love to see Olivia and Kennedy's faces if they could see all the starfish, anemones and shells we've seen, they would love it! They would be collecting all the shells they could, just like their Grandma! I'm bringing lots of shells and driftwood home that they will be able to touch and play with. Rosie Bay, you made my vacation complete! After roaming around here, Kim and I went up on this small rocky island that just had a little bit of water starting to come around the island, the rising tide. We were so busy looking at the ocean and mostly taking more pictures that we weren't even watching the waters edge creeping in. All of a sudden we thought we better get off here, started heading into the water to get off and 2 big water swells came around on each side of the island and the water was pouring in. I quickly swung my camera across my body to get it out of the way, thinking we may have to swim out of here the way it was rushing in. The feeling of trying to scramble, walking on slippery rocks and grasses and not stepping on sea life is scary. Kim was standing in all the water as it was rushing in and it came over the top edge of her rubber boots soaking her pants. It sure makes you feel panicky!
 |
Street Art
 |
| Tidal Wave |
|
 |
Tofino
 |
| Tofino |
|
 |
| Chesterman Beach at Low Tide |
We go for a walk every evening on the beach, the tide is usually quite low. Last night we were picking small pieces of driftwood for a little project we want to work on at home. In one of the shops, there was a round mirror with a sunburst effect around the outside using small pieces of driftwood and trimmed with small shells along the inside edge, the whole thing was about 20" across. Shawn and I really liked it and would like us to try to make it, lets see who's going to do the work.
It was another nice day with a few showers. This evening there were 4 slugs on the front step and grass, we said they were coming to see Kim. They are ugly but fascinating to look at.
Talk to you tomorrow!
"Slugs are not my friends"
ReplyDeleteThey are the most ugly things on this earth. If I was on "Fear Factor" and it was meant going home or winning $50,000.00 to go in a tank with some slugs, I am afraid I would really have to think about it....
The six inch fat juicy "Banana Slugs" are the worst. And the only reason I am the first to find them is because I am walking with my head down most of the time to avoid stepping on the digusting things.
Watch out Sharon as I saw Brian collecting some up in that empty margarine container to send home with you. :->