Sunday, June 9, 2013

On Our Way







Well, I can't believe it's finally here, our day to leave for our holiday that has been in the planning for at least 2 years. We were going to take it 2 years ago but decided to wait till we retired and we are both so happy we did. We originally were going for 2 1/2 weeks, then we both started adding more and more places on that we wanted to see and so far it's at least 4 weeks and we haven't really set a return date yet, we're playing it by ear.


We left Winnipeg about 9 this morning, Wayne came and picked up Ruby, he’s going to watch her for the first 4 days. Then we picked up coffee and met Amanda, Matt and the girls quickly to say goodbye (I was sad through both of these). It seemed like such a fast trip to get to Grand Forks today, did a bit of shopping then back on the road (they wouldn’t do the return at Walmart Sandra). We hit a good rainstorm while driving, but eventually cleared up nicely. I can’t wait till we can start to see the rolling hills, still the flat farmland. We hit the rolling hills in South Dakota, what a beautiful state, much different than North Dakota. It's so pretty, the fields look like velvet and it's so green. We're staying here for the night, then off to the Badlands and Black Hills tomorrow for a few days, so exciting. It didn't really feel like we were on our holiday until coming through South Dakota, an area we've never seen before.



Shawn told me while we were walking through Target getting some groceries, that this is going to be a restful, relaxing holiday, there’s no rush or hurrying throughout the store, we’re going to take our time. It’s funny to hear this from him, he’s trying to slow the pace down and have a more relaxed and restful  holiday. I’m glad, he deserves it!

We went for a little walk once we settled into our room to give our legs a little stretch and now we're having a little Bailey's. :)

(Sorry for blurry and dark pics, taken while driving.)
Talk to you tomorrow! :)

4 comments:

  1. It all sounds great and it is only day one. Enjoy tomorrows journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! This was so nice to read Mom :)

    I'm so glad you'll be sharing about your trip along the way, it's very exciting to read about!! I also love how you shared about what Dad said... nice to hear about & I've never heard him say something like that before (not joking). Very awesome :) Happy for both of you and I feel tears of joy. The pictures were great too, very nice to see!! Take pictures shopping too, and of Dad, that would be fun. You guys can perfect "Selfies" ;)

    Don't forget to write the location and labels next time (you can still add them to this post if you go to "edit"). You're doing great, really great!

    xo, Leigh-Ann

    ps. I had a good day today... worked on my clients launch and worked with her directly for a few hours through skype. We were having a riot laughing while we worked... she's such a fun person and she was so excited about her design :)

    pps. So cute imagining Ruby living with Uncle Wayne for a few days :) She can teach him a few Mac tricks, I'm sure she learned a few things from her Momma ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin the blog mom, I hear you saying it all in my head as I read.. Keep them Coming!

    Love Amanda

    ReplyDelete