Monday, June 17, 2013

Seaside & Cannon Beach

Funland Arcade in Seaside
Today we had breakfast at the Pig n' Pancake for Breakfast, then walked around Seaside a bit, there are so many candy shops. Thats what they specialize in, SO many. We went to the Candy Man (Kim will be so excited) and bought salt water taffy and had an ice cream cone. They must have over 100 different flavors of salt water taffy.
Driving to Cannon Beach

Type of homes in Cannon Beach

These trees grow like this because the wind is always blowing off the ocean, the tops are growing on a slant.
Typical house on the beach

Haystack Rock

Haystack Rock
Cannon Beach 
Between Cannon Beach and Seaside


It's hard to see the difference between the ocean and the sand??
We drove to Cannon Beach, really nice little town with a lot of artists and boutiques there, and expensive little town. Beautiful homes, most of them use cedar shakes and let them weather to grey, which looks really neat. We went down on the beach to see Haystack rock, it's the world's 3rd largest Haystack rock, very impressive. I also tried finding some seashells, just bits and pieces. Then we decided to drive a little ways down the highway, the trees are so beautiful with all the moss and ivy's growing up them. I got quite cool here later this afternoon and expecting rain tomorrow, maybe a little shopping tomorrow.
Alicia Burke's Art Gallery


I almost forgot to tell you, I follow this woman's blog, she's an artist which I'm not, but her blog is so warm and inviting and I knew she lived somewhere near Seaside. Well, we were driving along to Cannon Beach and I see this house that looks familiar and it's HER  STUDIO! OMG!! Right away, I told Shawn we need to stop on the way back and take pictures, a little nervous to go and say hi and tell her I read her blog. Leigh-Ann says I should, she would think it's so COOL to have one of her readers. Well we stopped on the way back, but she wasn't there, but got a pic of her studio. I'll have to write to her and tell her one of her fans was here. :) Maybe we could go by tomorrow.

Going out for supper soon and looking around town later, although it started raining. We'll see? Thanks for all your comments and anniversary congrats. I enjoy reading them.

Talk to you tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. So do you have "The Candy man can, cause he mixes it with love....." ( Sammy Davis Junior ) stuck in your head now. It should not have been to hard to find opps hear the store!

    Sounds like your day at Cannon Beach was nice. It is a enjoyable stroll down the beach there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention, you may want to take hold of the camera when you leave Seaside and on the drive to Vancouver. The scenery is just as beautiful if not better as you drive along "The Oregon" coast line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just testing this as it deleted my last comment . Patty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, just deleted 2 of my long, thought provoking posts. I give up. Sorry no more comments from me due to technical difficulty.
    P.

    ReplyDelete